Getting the values from sublists of parameters for sublists of elements

Hi, I am trying to get the values of parameters grouped in sublists for elements grouped in sublists. The number of parameter and element sublists is the same but not the number of parameters and elements within each sublist. So, for all the elements in List 0, I need all the parameter values from the corresponding parameters List 0, for all the elements in List 1, I need all the parameter values from the corresponding parameters List 1. I tried lacing and various list level options and list combine but none of them map the lists together as desired so I am guessing I need to add an extra step. Any help would be much appreciated! Many thanks.

I’m not quite understanding what you want…
Can you give a basic example of your input and what you want it to output maybe?

Hi Alien - I am trying to write 3 schedules to excel sheets. I have 3 (sub)lists of elements, one per schedule, and 3 (sub)lists of parameter headings, again, one per schedule. So, for each element in the first elements (sub)List 0 (doors in this case), I need to get only the values of the 10 parameters listed in the first parameter headings sublist. Then, for each element in the second elements (sub)List 1, I need only the values of the 4 parameters in the second parameters sublist and so on. I hope that helps and many thanks for your swift response.

Like this?

elm<1><2>.GetParameterValueByName(prm<1><3><4>);

Yes, great! Thanks a lot.

1 Like