Getting image resolution information - Dynamo

Hello,

I have a very simple script which it gets image paths for all the materials that I have on my file. Thank you Genius Loci!

However, I thought it would be great to get the Image Resolution also so I can detect which material has bad quality image.

I spent yesterday researching and trying out few things but it wasn’t too fruitful. Is custom python script the only way to achieve this? or is there any custom package / nodes that finds image resolution for you?

thank you for your time!

Image.Dimensions will give you what you are after

Thanks! Did not know there is a node like that.
However, I see that the input is ‘Image’ which its like its hard to find nodes that has Image as an output (so they can be connected) ‘Material Find Texture Path’ node is the one that I’m using to get all the list of the images but the node’s output is Filepath.

In theory, you could use the Image.ReadFromFile node.

On my computer the C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Materials\Textures folder returns an unauthorized access warning.

thank you very much! I was trying the similar thing but ‘list.clean’ was the last puzzle piece!!

Mark @Alban_de_Chasteigner answer as Solution(?). As it is the solution no? @mixology

Or your last post in this topic, but i think @Alban_de_Chasteigner deserves this on :wink:.

1 Like