Genius Loci - Material Find Texture Path Node not working?

Hello guys!

I’m trying to get the list of image path of all the materials that I have but I am constantly getting null value. I did myself a google search and it seems like it is as simple as connecting list of materials to ‘Material Find Texture Path’ node. Below is what I have.

I tried this script on Revit 2021 / 2022 and 2023 - not working on any of the versions.
Am I doing something wrong here? Thank you very much for your time!

Hi @mixology,

There is probably a case which is not taken into account in the node and which throws an unintended exception. There are many asset properties that can host an image.
Can you drop your revit file or send it to me by private message so that I can look?

thanks for the response!
If I do it in this way, it works.
I’m guessing the node that comes before needs to have ‘Material’ as the output instead of ‘Element?’

My Revit file is basically a new default project model with a custom material that I just created with a random image.

I tried to search for a node that has Material as the output and also a node that can get the list of all the Materials that I have… still finding…

It should work with a list of materials.
There is probably a material causing the problem.

You can try again with the All Elements of Category and set the longest lacing on the Material Find Texture Path to circumvent the error.

I also just tried the same script (Material.ByName) on Revit 2023 and its not working.
:frowning:

Are you sure you’re using the latest version of the Genius Loci package ?

I really need your Revit file because it is working fine for me.

Hello I found out my Python was not up to date lol
everything works perfectly now!! thank you.