Get Surface Pattern Dimensions / Count Tiles

Thanks Peter, would you mind to share the full script of counting the tiles?

Cheers!

_CompletePartialPanels-Gen3.dyn (150.8 KB)

4 Likes

Thank you so much, will study it!

1 Like

Hello Peter, I get these errors when I try to run the script. Is there any way you can lend a hand? Thanks!Capture

This is caused by the Dynamo version. May be the node is not currently supported. I don’t know what is the current state. Data.Remember is node used for Refinery implementation. If you don’t want to use the script with Refinery just skip the nodeimage
and connect both ends directly to the code block node. If you want to use it with Refinery you should check Refinery site for more info about Data.Remember node

Hey petar! I skipped the Data.Remember node but ran in to some problems.

Appreciate you taking a look, thanks :slight_smile:

Hi Peter
will this work in Revit 2018.3 i tried it getting same error

can you please guide me

No, the script is working only with Revit versions which support double fill patterns (foreground and background)

1 Like

Hey!

Same problem here, have you solved it yet?

Hey Petar,

Cool script. However when I download and attempt to open it I get an error that says the file is corrupt.

Also when I run the script I get this error:image

Would it be possible for you help with this. I have a great interest in your approach for a very similar application.

Regards

Hi,

I guess is something related to your Dynamo setup. Look here - Data at the root Level is Invalid

It looks like that the error is not caused by the script I shared.
Good luck!

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply but late is better than never = )
The problem was with the list lacings and behavior - I guess it changed trough the Dynamo versions.
The graph is not optimal but it is working.
_CompletePartialPanels-Gen4.dyn (148.6 KB)

2 Likes

I posted updated graph. It should work now.

thx!

Hey Petar,

I was able to run the graph using revit 2019.

Now I have a question regarding the grid alignment.

The dynamo output bases the grid starting point at one corner of the floor it seems.

How can we modify the graph to start the grid using the location from the actual pattern lines?
This way we can manipulate the layout by way of the floor grid pattern then get the count from that.

Is it possible?

Everything seems to be ok for me

Are you sure you are using the last uploaded graph?
Or I may not see the problem.

Yes you are correct it seems to be working fine. Very many thanks for your assistance and what a wonderful graph you have made.

1 Like

Hi @Petar_Penchev1
Thanks for sharing your script. Unfortunately, for some reason, it gives incorrect results and does not work with walls. I’ll try to figure it out myself.

Hi, Im new in dynamo
Need your assistance to show me where to paste your shared code and run it,

Your help is much appreciated :pray:

Please, write in the Dynamo forum.
You will find everything you need there.

Good luck!

1 Like