Get (shared) parameter from structural type using API

Hi,
Im trying to read a Type parameter from a revit object (structural framing) using the API. The (shared) parameter Im trying to read is a dimension concerning the width of a concrete beam. I can find the parameter with the below code. But didn`t manage to get a read of the value. Can anyone help with this?
Param_Typ = Vloerrandbalk_Type.Parameters

for i in Param_Typ:
if “OPL_breedte” in i.Definition.Name: pass

Once you get the parameter you’re looking for you need to get the associated value using one of the following methods:

Thanks. That solved it.
To get the type parameter value of the width you need to add .AsDouble() to the parameter. Is there also a method to get the parameter value directly?

TransactionManager.Instance.EnsureInTransaction(doc)
Vloerrandbalk = doc.Create.NewFamilyInstance(Lijn_Rvt, Ligger_Rvt, Level_Rvt, Structure.StructuralType.Beam)
TransactionManager.Instance.TransactionTaskDone()
Vloerrandbalk_Type = doc.GetElement(Vloerrandbalk_Type_Id)
Param_Typ = Vloerrandbalk_Type.Parameters
for i in Param_Typ:

if “OPL_breedte” in i.Definition.Name: value = i.AsDouble()*304.8])

What do you mean? You get the value directly from the parameter.

I mean that the script first gets a list of all type parameters then looks for the parameter name in the list thats needed and then obtains the value. It seems a bit like a workaround.
Maybe it is also possible to get the value directly from the parameter without first listing all parameters and looping through the names. I can imagine it could also work like a dictionary.
I tried the lookup method but that doesnt seem to work.

You tried LookupParameter()? That would be the only other option besides GetParameter(), which is specific to 2022 and requires the ForgeTypeId of the parameter. Parsing the element parameters one by one isn’t bad practice though, it’s relatively light.