Get parameter values with the same name as other parameters

Hi, there is a project parameter called Type and I’d like to get the values of it. But when I used Element.GetParameterValueByName it seems that what I got were the type names from the build-in parameters instead of the values from the project parameter Type. How to deal with such situation that the parameter name is the same as others? Thanks!

dynamo.dyn (6.6 KB)

Hello …the issue here is you have 2 Type parameter 1 instance and 1 type…try this here…

1 Like

If it is a shared project parameter you can use the GUID to find the correct one.

In my opinion is the real solution to start a conversation with the person who thought it was a good idea to make such a parameter in the first place.

3 Likes

@Bjorn_Keulemans1 …yeps thats best ;))))

Thanks @sovitek ! It can work but using index seems unstable as it may change over time. I am just wondering is there a stable way to do it.

You could try til filter the parameter , so you dont use list index :wink:

@sovitek Sorry I don’t get it… what filtering do you mean?

1 Like

String contain or something…but the best you can do is as Bjørn mention, dont name parameter this way!! good luck/ Søren

I see. Yeah maybe better to start a communication…

Thank you for your kind help! @sovitek @Bjorn_Keulemans1

1 Like

Yes Howie…absolutely best :wink:

Maybe these nodes from MEPover might be of use in this case:

They will search almost the entire model regardless of category, but you can always filter afterwards.

3 Likes