Made the main surface oversized thinking that might fix the issue, but it hasn’t:
BUUUUUUUUT!, I think I have it figured out. I noticed that there were some gaps in the lines. I thought I fixed one area but I didn’t notice a change. I then found another line not connected and fixed it. I had to open the script again in order for the script to recognize the change. So the serving lines have gaps.
I assumed earlier that is was an issue and tried to fix it by extending the curves by 10’ and using those. For some reason it didn’t work. Maybe I’ll try doing that again becuase I’m not happy giving people script that can be tripped up so easily by accedentally not drawing lines exactly.
Extending the curves by 10’ on this project would work becuase the building is so large but I’m worried that it could cause issues on some more typically sized projects. Ideally I would want to extend lines when necessary to the closes line to it’s endpoint but I’m not sure how to do that yet.
I’ve extended the curves and thus the surfaces but when I do that the split node creates only 1 element, which is just the original surface:
I think becuase of this and the pattern I see in the zones that were not split and how the detail lines were drawn that the node does not like intersecting surfaces in the polysurface. It seems like surfaces need to meet exactly and they can not cross. So I have to split the curves at intersection.