Geometry not selecting/coloring correctly

hello,

I finished creating this script but have two questions.

1. Object.Identity has two surfaces but only selects/shows/highlights only one surface upon clicking
  2. I often use GeometryColor.ByGeometryColor node to highlight some objects. However, there are times when it works but sometimes don’t. Can you please help me understand why those two surfaces are not in a red color?

thank you very much for your time.

Dynamo data is non-destructive - that is each node you place doesn’t ‘turn off’ previous data. This is nice as it means we can ‘refer back’ to what we had before, but it also means more stuff is placed in memory and can make displays a bit harder.

In this case, what you’re seeing is the previously created geometry showing on top of the geometrycolor which you want to see. To fix this you have to manually tell Dynamo to stop showing the other geometry.

Disable all geometry preview by selecting all the geometry ceating nodes associated with the surface (tab key can help some here), right click on the background and choose hide all geometry preview, and then make sure you’ve enabled the 'GeometryColor.ByGeometryColor node by right clicking on the node and making sure the ‘preview’ is enabled.

2 Likes

super clear ! thank you very much for your time Jacob!

1 Like