Genius Loci Create Tag Traceback

Hi all,

I’ve been exploring Dynamo 2.13 and its interactions with Revit 23. It seems that most things have transitions well enough (for me at least), but I have one node in one script that’s giving me issues. I’ve been waiting to see if the issue popped up for anyone else but haven’t seen anything yet.

The Genius Loci Create Tag node is giving me a traceback when it runs. I have been able to get it to tag all of the doors being fed into it by setting the lacing to longest, but the output is still the traceback. The script is meant to rotate and nudge the tags after they’re created so that they run along the swing symbol on all doors in the view, but that portion can’t run because the node isn’t outputting the tags.

I think it has something to do with the tag type input based on the error below, but I haven’t gotten to the point of understanding code yet, so I’m not sure if this is the actual issue, and if it is, how to fix it.

The script still runs fine in Revit 2022, so it has something to do with how its interacting with Revit 2023. Thanks in advance for any help.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 239, in
TypeError: No method matches given arguments for ChangeTypeId: (<class ‘Autodesk.Revit.DB.IndependentTag’>, <class ‘Autodesk.Revit.DB.ElementId’>)

Hello
the error seems to be related to running on the wrong Python engine.
This seems to be related to the old xml architecture of dyf (instead of json, Dynamo 2.04+) which affects the default cpython3 engine instead of ipy2.
FYI @Alban_de_Chasteigner

3 Likes

Thanks Cyril.
I will soon release an update to the package to fix this issue.

3 Likes

Thanks @c.poupin!

And thanks @Alban_de_Chasteigner for the time put into this and the quick update.

Hi,

Thank you for reporting this bad behavior.
I updated the package and now with Dynamo 2.3, the view extension warns to install IronPython 2.7.

Now it works normally with the correct Python engine version.

Big shoutout to @c.poupin for creating a definition that converts xml nodes to json. :muscle:
This made updating the package a lot easier for me.

3 Likes

Awesome! Working fine now. Thank you for the quick fix!

1 Like