Generic Annotation and Floor Plan Sheet Number

Hello there, I am trying to get the built-in parameter “Sheet Number” from my floor plans, and then assign the Values to a Shared Parameter “Sheet Name” in a Generic Annotation. Is there a good way to do this?

Thank you!

Hey,

I think this works?

However I would avoid using “Sheet Name” as a parameter to save confusion… Maybe “View’s Sheet” or something? :slight_smile:

Hope that helps,

Mark

1 Like

I think he want’s the Sheet Number parameter value into the Generic Annotation :slight_smile:

1 Like

That looks likely :smiley: Still a bit asleep here…

Hehe, ok you’re excused then :grin:

Thank you very much to both of you for your response!

I have a similar situation but its between families. I have two families, Detail Item and Electrical Equipment. The Detail Item has two parameters called “Detail Name” and “Detail Equipment Type”. The Electrical Equipment has also two parameters called “Panel Name” and “Equipment Type”. Is there a way, to apply similar approach as the graph you shared, to assign the value from “Detail Equipment Type” into “Equipment Type” only if “Detail Name” and “Panel Name” have the same value?

Thank you in advance!

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

That would be a very different type of challenge, so I’d urge you to start a new topic for this.
Perhaps also include some descriptive images, like you’ve done with this topic :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for your response. I have added a new topic here (Detail Item and Electrical Equipment Families and Parameters) Thank you for your help