Generate color legend for ceiling heights

Thank you for the wonderful work you share.
Would it be possible to generate a legend to understand what each color means?

Moved to new topic for clarity. Other topic was over 9 months ago. This should get you quicker answers.

2 Likes

@smorapiz Could pair the color and thickness data like this…

ColorByCeilingThickness.dyn (11.9 KB)

Sorry, but I do not quite understand what you’re attaching. My question was about whether once you color a category according to a parameter, for example the ceilings according to their lag, if it was possible to automatically create a legend that indicates which color will refer each parameter value.Thank you

@Vikram_Subbaiah am I misunderstanding or did you confuse ceiling height with ceiling thickness?
Anyways the quickest way to get a legend would be to use room/spaces color schemes…for example using dynamo to calculate the (avarege) height of a room, then writing this info to a temporary room parameter and using it to create a color scheme (that unfortunately works only on floor plans… but this link could help http://www.hokbimsolutions.com/2012/12/color-schemes-in-reflected-ceiling-plans.html)

Otherwise you could create the legend with dynamo but it would be kind of messy in my opionion:

I decided to “create” the legend in a drafting view but I think you could also do it inside the ceiling plan view.

However I had to play around with text types and sizes…

On a sheet

Excuse me if the code is kind of messy but I was just curious to see if it works, I may try to find a better way to deal with this in the future and test it thoroughly

3 Likes

Ok, in the file provided with my response above I’ve grouped the parameter and it’s corresponding color.
A graphic legend can be constructed from this using Dynamo using @GregX’s ‘messy’ option.

Just used the last file from the original thread. Ceiling thickness was considered in that.
Diidn’t realize it didn’t match the title of this thread :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not solving anything here, but maybe the analysis tools can lead down an alternative path? Just a quick example showing how you can use the analysis display to display, well, anything really.

5 Likes

I think @jostein_olsen has the solution!

Thank you very much for the information, it seems very interesting. I’m going to study it and digest it little by little :-))

can anyone help on this error?

Hello @sps.25788,

You need to put inputs into your Math.RemapRange node :slight_smile:

Try putting in 0 for newMin and 1 for newMax.

@jostein_olsen how did you get the colored boxes to show up. Im trying to get them to show up and all im getting is the elevations.

I fixed the color issue but now i cant print to pdf. why is that?

only some of the squares are visible. when i go to print preview

@solamour, @john_pierson, @jostein_olsen