gbXML export node needed!

Hi T_Pover,
Thank you so much for your consideration! I found this “Detailed Elements” option has connection with “Material Thermal Properties” under “Energy Settings”. When I select “Detailed Elements” at “Energy Settings”, it will automatically change here(Use Room\Space Volumes). Is that possible change “Material Thermal Properties” to achieve it? Thank you so much for your help

Capture2

Thanks for the information. I did some more searching but still can’t find anything that could set this option :frowning:

1 Like

Hi T_Pover,
Thank you anyway :joy:
Could you please tell me how to change the “Export Category” to “Rooms”, present Script is for space, right?GBXML export.dyn (4.2 KB)

I added a few lines so you can switch between spaces and rooms. It’s set to rooms now, if you want spaces, just replace the value rooms with the spaces.

GBXML export.dyn (4.4 KB)

3 Likes

You help me so much :smile: “Thank you” even cannot express my appreciation.
I give up using Revit 2017 (because of the “Detailed Elements”). The Revit 2016 has “Include Thermal Properties” at the same place, so I try to add it in PythonScript, but it does not work. Could you please find any mistake I made ? Should I pre-define something? 捕获

Glad to hear you’re really happy with it :smiley:
You’re code seems correct, I added the same line of code and it works for me. To be sure you could try with this dyn: GBXML export.dyn (4.4 KB)
Could you show any error messages should it still not work?

Although it has no error messages, but the .xml file (using PythonScript in dynamo) miss these “thermal properties” information. If I manually export gbxml from revit software, the .xml file has “thermal properties” as figure shows. That’s why I say it does not work. Do you have any idea why it happens?

ByManual
Manual

ByScript
ByScript

I see, you’re right. They are not in my export either.
I’ll try and search for some alternatives tomorrow, hopefully I can find something.

1 Like

I really can’t seem to find anything. It’s weird that the script outputs an xml without the material properties and when you do it manually it does include the material properties.
I saw you made a post on the Revit API forum as well. Hopefully someone over there can provide a solution.

Yes, T_Pover, it is so weird . But I really thank you for your kind help. I will update news here if I find solutions.

1 Like

@Michal_Dengusiak, @T_Pover and @kailun.feng, if I’m not mistaken this is happening by design.

The gbXML file from REVIT is designed to work with Green Building Studio. The workflow is designed to generate a gbXML file with minimum information and GBS adds the detailed information once you upload the gbXML file to GBS. You can then download the new gbXML from GBS which has the fields that you’re after.

You can check Energy Analysis for Dynamo package to see how you can update and access the gbXML file using the API.

NOTE: My information is +3 years old so this might have changed between now and then.

cc: @Lilli_Smith

1 Like