Function if else with point coordinates

hi everyone,
I am trying to create a function if else with points coordinates.

StartPt and EndPt are points by coordinates.

Probably i am doing a wrong definition of coordinates points.
Any suggestion?

Many thanks
Elisabetta

My first thought: Don’t call the function before you define it. Use a separate code block instead.

Could you give an example from what to what you want to get? The code looks fine but I don’t know what’s going into it or what’s supposed to go out of it.

Yes, but there’s no any difference

I would like to have a point…

But maybe i need to call the x y and z of the point in a different way…

Actually now it gives me this error

Index was outside the bounds of the array.

at ProtoCore.DSASM.Executive.GetProcedureNode(Int32 blockId, Int32 classIndex, Int32 functionIndex)
   at ProtoCore.DSASM.Executive.UpdateMethodDependencyGraph(Int32 entry, Int32 procIndex, Int32 classIndex)
   at ProtoCore.DSASM.Executive.SetupExecutive(Int32 exeblock, Int32 entry)
   at ProtoCore.DSASM.Executive.Execute(Int32 exeblock, Int32 entry, Language language)
   at ProtoCore.DSASM.Executive.Execute(Int32 exeblock, Int32 entry, List`1 breakpoints, Language language)
   at ProtoCore.DSASM.Executive.BounceUsingExecutive(Executive executive, Int32 exeblock, Int32 entry, StackFrame stackFrame, Int32 locals, Boolean fepRun, Executive exec, List`1 breakpoints)
   at ProtoScript.Runners.ProtoScriptRunner.ExecuteLive(Core core, RuntimeCore runtimeCore)
   at ProtoScript.Runners.LiveRunner.Execute(Boolean isCodeCompiled)
   at ProtoScript.Runners.LiveRunner.CompileAndExecute(List`1 astList)
   at ProtoScript.Runners.LiveRunner.CompileAndExecuteForDeltaExecution(List`1 astList)
   at ProtoScript.Runners.LiveRunner.SynchronizeInternal(GraphSyncData syncData)
   at ProtoScript.Runners.LiveRunner.UpdateGraph(GraphSyncData syncData)
   at Dynamo.Scheduler.UpdateGraphAsyncTask.HandleTaskExecutionCore()
   at Dynamo.Scheduler.AsyncTask.Execute()

Using DS might be easier.

You can add another condition if you need elseif.

2 Likes

what happens when you run your original imperative function? returns null?

Try copying your definition portion of the code block to the clipboard, comment out the entire contents (add a /* to the front of the first line, and. */ to the end of the last), and then paste the definition to a new code block, but rename the function something similar. Then call the new definition in a new code block.

If that works then calling the function before defining it corrupted the storage in the dyn. Least that’s how I rationalized it in the past. Deleting the old code block, and then restarting Dynamo should fix this.

Many thanks.
Now it works! :slight_smile:
Thank you