Floor drawing problem from a polycurve

Hi Guys, I have designed this script which is able to draw a Floor along a path (alignment extracted from civil 3D)
I am using the Curve.SmartOffset to offset the alignment ( Curves ) and then close them and assign them as a Polycurve
The problem is when I have a positive offset value the floor is drawn , however when I use a negative value the the floor isn’t drawn and I get This result

Floor V1.dyn (39.5 KB)

Hey,

I don’t know exactly, but I have a feeling that Dynamo is converting the line as a NURBS when you make the polycurve, then when you offset it, it needs to have more ‘knots’ than it is being allocated? Is it possible to rebuild the polycurve (NURBS) before you offset?

Hope that helps,

Mark

Hello, look this way, I think the subject is close to yours

Cordially
christian.stan

1 Like

Hi Mark,
My I ask what exactly is a knot ?
Also I am not familiar with nurbs curves so I cannot answer your questions Sorry

Hi Christian ,
Unfortunately it’s saying that The curves aren’t closed if I followed this way

Hi,

I’m not an expert, but NURBS curves have points (knots) and their tightness? (degree) which defines how tightly the curve interpolates between the points… I think Dynamo requires the NURBS curve to have fewer points than degree and a minimum of 3, which is generating your error.

I think Christian’s solution is a method for ‘rebuilding’, as I was describing…

It might be helpful if you post the graph which failed?

I suspect you might need to explode the offset polycurve, then rebuild, do some tidy up and join again…

Hope that helps,

Mark

1 Like

Can you expand the contents of your graph

Cordially
christian.stan

Hi Mark Thanks for the help , there seems still to be a problem it’s not drawing the floor , Again thanks a lot

Floor V2.dyn (63.7 KB)
HI Christian this is the script , you need to have civil connection package and civil 3D opened on an alignment so that it can work , it seems that whenever the curve has an arc in it there would be a problem I don’t know why exactly

I’m still in Revit 2020 and not civil3D
edit:
If it can help

script:
09 aout forum anglais rep2.dyn (37.3 KB)

Cordially
christian.stan