Floor By Nested Loops

Hi,would it be possible for you to share just the image of the final graph?
Thanks

Hi Giovanni,
I am trying to create filled region from room boundary which needs to excule columns.
I tired the code and it worked perfectly creating region with holes.

Though the script didn’t create other region that doesn’t have holes in it so I used filledregion.bycurves to create them.
There are two problems I encountered by this method:

1. Somehow the script created two times(region has holes) so that I get double filled region.(It didn’t create two times while running the script separately)

2. Can I select filled region type by it’s name? The original way I couldn’t know which style it is…

Sorry I’m new to dynamo and I don’t really know how to fix the script…
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Create_RoomHatch.dyn (90.5 KB)

Hi @endison8,
I quickly tried this script above and it seems to work: https://forum.dynamobim.com/uploads/short-url/zhhYow3Vuj2rkSEqI7AeVzFFoGG.dyn

I only run the python node in the purple group:

1. To select a region by its name I would use List.IndexOf and GetItemAtIndex:

Hope it helps

Hi @Giovanni_Brogiolo,
Thank you so much for the quick reply.
I can’t create the region by the purple group is because my structure was a link file(ST file).
Therefore, when I get the room elements from the architecture link file(AR file), I only get room boundary from the AR file but not from the ST file.(which can’t create a closed polycurve.)

Hi,

I am not sure how your model has been created but if you set the linked model to Room Bounding and place the rooms in the main model then Dynamo will recognize the correct boundaries:

If this workflow is not possible you may need to find a different way to get these boundaries (get the rooms from both models and use Archi-lab group curves to create a continuous loop).

Yeah It does recognize the room boundary but it has to be in the AR file.
However, I need to create hatch in another file,which is linked to both AR and ST file, so that it won’t make the AR file too large.
So in that way it only get the AR file boundary without ST file boundary as I showed earlier.

I do find a way to get room boundary curves from each room but I see the purple group only take room boundary as input…
That’s why I tried the other group wich takes outline and innerline, but then my problem now is that if I have multiple innerline, I don’t know how to get multiple innerline.

I mean I can get the multiple innerline, but I don’t know how to let the outline cut multiple innerlines cuz I have flatten the list…

Create_RoomHatch.dyn (85.8 KB)

These are the testing revit file(2020) I’ve created, and I used TEST_Hatch file to create my filled region.
TEST_AR.rvt (3.3 MB) TEST_Hatch.rvt (412 KB) TEST_ST.rvt (464 KB)

OK then you’ll probably need to edit the Python script.

1. Find the inner and outer curves (in the correct loop order). Don’t flatten them so the list structure matches:
  2. Add the outer and inner curves to a CurveLoop()
    Create Room Hatch 02.dyn (46.4 KB)
1 Like

OMG This works perfeclty! Thank you so much!!

1 Like