Filtering parameters and deleting them

Hi all,

I need help with filtering parameters that I want to delete. In picture below you can see Code Block where I have written parameters that I DONT’T WANT to delete. How can I set Dynamo that it doesn’t delete those parameters but delete all others?

Anyone? Basically what I want is to make a script that won’t delete some items from the list. How can I make that?

Hi,

If I understand correctly, you need the nodes SetDifference and Elements.Delete from archilab package.
delete%20parameter

1 Like

Yes, it seems that does a trick. Many thanks.

I am wondering one more thing…

How come that Dynamo doesn’t read parameters like Cost or Description in this script? I know that I can’t remove them from family/project but is there any way how to change value for those parameters?

Hi,

Cost and description are parameters for a Type and not for an instance.
Use Element.ElementType node to get the type or Element.GetParameterValueByNameTypeOrInstance from Rhythm package.

Hi, it seems that it doesn’t work or I am doing something wrong…

I extract all the parameters from the file but it seems that Dynamo can’t find Cost or Description…

The input ot the Element.ElementType node mustn’t be a ParameterElement but rather an instance such as a window.

1 Like

Ok I understand. One more thing,how do I select all elements in file? I know that there is a node select all elements at level but I can’t find all elements in file?

There are a few customs nodes to collect all elements of the model.

You can mark the topic as solved for future references.

1 Like