Filter Rules

Hi everyone,

When creating filters using dynamo, the FilterRule.ByRuleType node (or maybe it’s the ParameterFilterElement.ByRules node) will default to OR (Any rule may be true). If I manually create a new filter in revit, or if I clear filter rules using dynamo, the default rule is AND (All rules must be true). Is there a way to create a filter in dynamo with AND as the default setting? Thanks

2 Likes

Hi,

OUT = []

for i in IN[0]:
if i == 1 and 2:
	OUT.append("OK")
else:
	OUT.append("-")

I tried - it is a pit of … maybe there is a python solution ? it is true it is weard

OUT = []

for i in IN[0]:
if i == 1 or 2:
	OUT.append("OK")
else:
	OUT.append("-")

Also posted a question about this today, you’ve worded it better. Pre-Revit 2019 the script works fine, but now that we have the AND / OR option it always defaults to OR…

1 Like

1 Like

thanks “or” condition works… …but not AND … and i think the list is not able to make it(?)

1 and 2 can`t not exist as “and” condition? i tried “12” and “1.2” List is not readable {(1,2),1,2,3,4}

how is it correct to get an AND condition?

Your list is not appropriate for that. You should have two values to check. For example:
A = [(1,2), (1,1),(2,2)]

OUT = []

for el in IN[0]:
	i,j =el
	if i == 1 and j==2:
		OUT.append("OK")
	else:
		OUT.append("-")

1 Like

I hope my subject line wasn’t confusing but I am looking for information pertaining to filters / filter rules to modify the visibility and graphics of elements. Thanks