Filled Region from Room Parameter

I don’t intend to create the Filled Region via dynamo or thru excel coz it is way beyond my capability. The code to create a filled region into each room based on the Floor Finish Parameter is sufficient for me.

I don’t know if I can apply the same process to ceiling though.

Done. This assumes that a Filled Region with the same Type Name as the Floor Finish parameter is already defined in the RVT.

Revit_Noob3.dyn (32.9 KB)
Revit_Noob3.rvt (1.3 MB)

I like this method because it gives complete control to the Dynamo user. Color Schemes are awkward to edit.

4 Likes

Superb! working as I want it to be. Thank you so much @truevis.
I will study this code and hopefully learn from it

thank you again.

I like this method because it gives complete control to the Dynamo user. Color Schemes are awkward to edit

Yes. That is why i prefer this workflow rather than using ColorSchemes.

Hello
Thank you for your script. I am trying to work with it, but i don’t know how to creat element.category. Then script is error following below image.
Capture

I believe that the node in question is found in the excellent clockwork package.

1 Like

Thanks @jacob.small I found it in clockwork package

Hi guy @jacob.small @truevis
I am trying to work this script. I have a issue as below image. Why is the item of index 7 8 9 false?

Try replacing the Y input with a string ‘Rooms’ and see if that fixes it.

@D.JohnWick Could you please start a new thread. We can’t have 2 solutions in one topic. Thanks!

2 Likes

I replaced Y input with string Rooms. It still is not working.

Try another String from Object after Element.Category to insure the data types are the same.

1 Like

HI @truevis sorry to resurrect this thread…

I notice that though the code is working fine…after i save and close the file and run the code again in the same file as i have revisions, the regions are overlapping each other.

Is it possible to delete the previous region if there is any and put the new one in the room?

I’d probably do a select all, delete, then run the graph again

If there are other filled regions not from this script, would need to filter somehow. Can think of a couple methods, none that would be that good.

1. Assuming room size hasn’t changed can try for intersection within room boundingbox.
  2. Some form of is equal to, variety of ways. Includes using surfaces created from perimeter, boundingbox, etc.
  3. When you create the regions, include a parameter or comment so you can search later and delete all regions with that parameter.
1 Like

Thank you for sharing this!
I can’t seem to find the: ‘Element.Category’ and the ‘List.SubliststContain’ I can see you mentioned the first one was in the Clockwork package, but I can’t find it, do you know if I need to get a different version? Or where I can find them?
Thank you!