Fill in type parameters as a string with data from Excel

Hello,

I am new using Dynamo, thus would be greate to get some help :slight_smile:
I have created some type parameters for one family type as “text”. My intention is to fill out the parameter values with text from a Excel data sheet for each parameter several times. However, I´ve been strugling how exactly set them as a text, since the node " Parameter.SetValue " is not for “string”.
Is there any hint what should I try ?

Here is what I`ve tried to do so far>
Select the family type. Watch all the element parameters, get their values, filter the values to be filled in, create a list to link with the corresponding text in Excel.

Hi cmr
just try obj to string and then set parameter

Thank you for your reply. But “string from object” does not really solve this problem. I´m looking for some node that could be read directly as a string, in order to fill a text in the parameter.

can you show the family type parameter values like this

and ensure that the family type has some value because in the image you shown
it contains a parameter value Keynote when i tried it i got a value which i entered

Thanks.

If I set them as instance parameter instead of type parameter, it is possible to use the codeblock to write the string.
But I would like to get the text from Excel not type them. So the codeblock also doesn´t seem very useful in this case. Am I wrong?