FamilyType.ByGeometry

Hi everybody :slight_smile:
Is there anyone who can explain me how the FamilyType.ByGeometry node works?
I don’t unnderstand if it works on a project file or on a family file… :thinking:
Thanks
Cheers

Valentina

Hi
It creates a family instance at the location of geometry you give with the name,category,templatePath,material,subcategory

I have used it to convert model Inplace families to a FamilyType

1 Like

Thank you @dineshsubramani
Do you even know if it’s possible to create a sloped floor with this node if I assign a generic model template (based on a floor) to a sloped rectangular area?
Thank you so much :slight_smile:

Generic model template contains only specific categories Floor category is not available

if you have no issues use can create it as generic model categories

1 Like

As @dineshsubramani said, floors are system families so you cannot create a new geometry family of category floor. It is possible to create a floor using the boundary of the area you want, and then edit the shape like you would in Revit’s Modify Sub Elements.

Basically if the shape is a basic rectangle, you would take the floor’s SlabShapeEditor and add the corner points from the boundary. I don’t know if nodes exist for it but it can be done using Python and API.

1 Like

Hi @kennyb6
I’ve already tried to use the slab shape editor (Floor.SlabShapeByPoints node) and it worked successfully.
The only problem is that the analytical model “doesn’t follow” the new shape of the slab, but it remains stuck in it’s original position :confused:
Do you know if there is a way to modify either the shape and the analytical model of the floor?
Thank you so much for your commitment :blush:
Cheers

Valentina

Just to let you know what I meant in my previous answer :hugs: