FamilyDocument.AddParameter groupType and SpecType 2.13

It appears that the groupType and specType inputs for FamilyDocument.AddParameter have changed from string inputs to Revit.Elements.GroupType and Revit.Elements.SpecType. As seen in the screen shot below(you should be able to select text in warning messages or copy them!).

I can’t seem to find a way to get these values. There are some nodes, SpecType.ByTypeId and GroupType.ByTypeId, but I can’t find a good way to get the typeId. For spectype there is the Forge Specs node, but that is a pulldown, which will not work with this workflow. I need it to be determined by a string so I can get the info from excel. At least it provided a string so I can make a dictionary for it. I haven’t been able to find that exact syntax in apidocs so I don’t know of a good way to create a dictionary in dynamo without spending a lot of time.

I haven’t been able to find any typeid for groups that provides strings, but have found another pulldown Group Types. This pulldown actually returns the group so it’s not as helpful. Anyone have any ideas for this?

Hello @crapai - this has been resolved for Dynamo 2.16 and will be released in Revit 2023.1, set to drop "very soon"™ :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, good to hear. If it is coming out very soon, maybe I will just manually add parameters to families for a bit.

Could you share how it is getting fixed? Are additional nodes being added like, groupTypebyname? Is it going back to a string input?

Hello @crapai - I may have been mistaken to this particular problem, my apologies. We’re investigating now if this work has been done, or not.

The generic problem associated with Dynamo accepting ForgeTypes parameters has been addressed.

We will loop back with your specific query as soon as we can :pray:

1 Like

Hello @crapai
here are some images from another dev that I think illustrate a way to get the info you want if I am understanding correctly. (ForgeType.TypeId) node

2 Likes