FamilyDoc.Parameters

Hey there,

Is it possible to use the FamilyDoc.Parameters (Crumple) node with multiple families from a directory? I’m not sure if this is even possible or if I need to add some extra nodes in between to make this work. I would like to get the data of all the parameters in multiple families at once.

You have to provide the familyDocument to the parameters node. This means you’ll likely have to open those families in the background so that you have a document to query.

1 Like

I can confirm Nick is correct. Use FamilyDoc.Open and FamilyDoc.Close to open/close files in background. You will also need to set some of those nodes to levels (typically levels 1 or 2) depending how you want them to work. The python is all exposed inside so you can see how it works with looping the inputs.

1 Like

Hi @alshammary.l
Were you able to export the parameter data from multiple families into a single excel file ?
If so, could you share the workflow a bit if possible?

The wip Crumple on github has nodes that can do one/many to achieve this type of workflow. I will be releasing it in a month or so with some example workflow scripts also.

2 Likes