Family Instances to Element List Query

Fasher,

Many thanks for your suggestion.

6 hours in and no joy of solving this issue. It is me.

Here is the current:

Can you expand the error on the top of Element.Setparametervaluesbyname so i can have a nosey.

Script is mid flow at the moment. I shall pass something hopefully in a minute or two.

Routines crashed by the look of it.

When testing a script it can be helpful to use a smaller scale project to speed up the trouble shooting process.

Warning: Element.SetParameterValuesByNames operation failed.
Parameter names and values must have matching list lengths!

A few thoughts. (Not that i am very good at this)

Do you have any null values or empty items in your list of 4096 items? (most probably from the value side?)

Or perhaps try changing the list structure at the end and see what happens?

I have tried so many permutations of list configurations and not joy.

Tried flattening, lacing, levels etc. etc. and no nulls etc.

All l am trying to do it so nudge out placed brickwork by a proportion related to an image, such that the resultant brick facade reflects the image in brick relief.

I am getting the many bricks in and my family allows for being nudged out, it is the final bit that l cannot get to do.

8 hours on this final bit and l feel Dynamo has won.

I have spend longer trying to do lessā€¦:frowning:

Although i feel like by providing your workflow document and a smaller test project that others on here much more capable than myself could help you further.

Iā€™ll do that.

Image to Brick Facade.dyn (811.9 KB)

Hereā€™s the script.

Substitute your image for what you want and Family to demonstrate the error occuring at the Set Parameter by Name node.

Where is the node Element.SetParameterValuesByNames from? My Dynamo couldnā€™t resolve the node and I couldnā€™t find it in the Package Manager

Have you tried the out-of-the-box node Element.SetParameterByName instead? That worked for me with the sample file you posted

1 Like

Thomas,

Interesting. I shall at that node in a moment and inform you where the node l was using is from which package.

It may be a Rhythm node.