Fabrication hanger rod extension

I am trying to place a fabrication clevis hanger in revit. While placing, the hanger rod is automatically attached to the structure.
My problem is that I need to detach some of the hanger rod from structure and need to provide custom rod length. But if the hanger automatically attached to structure I am not able to change the rod length.
Also I don’t see any rod length and size properties in properties window. Please help me.

Anybody please help!!!

Generally speaking you’ll get much more help if you show what you’ve done or attempted this far rather than someone giving you a full answer.

3 Likes

Thank you for the reply.
Here is what I am trying to do. I want to change the hanger rod length to custom which is automatically attached to structure.
I found a node named “Part(s) Rod Length” but don’t know how to change the rog length from that. I am a beginner in Dynamo.

Hello @arukaroor …not sure but is it possible manuel.

No, there is no manual option available in revit.

Most often if it isn’t something you can do inside normal Revit UI, it won’t be something that Dynamo can do. Is the pipe elevation what changes the rod length automatically? If that’s the case it may not be something Dynamo can help with.

1 Like

Mr. SeanP

Yes this rod length is automatically changing according to pipe elevation.
Thank you for your reply.

1 Like