Export workspace as pdf

The work area can be exported to a pdf file or a vectorized file, I need to embed this file in a tex file without losing quality

Kinda off-topic for this forum, but you can just import the vectorfile to inkscape and export a pdf from there.

Sorry for my English, but the question is can you export the Dynamo workspace to a vectorized file and not a PNG?

Not that I have seen - you’d likely have to build a custom exporter. Why does a high resolution PNG not suffice?

The goal is to create a pdf document where you can select the title of the nodes as text, so I wanted to know if maybe there is already a Dynamo plugin that does it

3 Likes

I haven’t heard of anyone doing this yet. But dang it would be cool to have!

2 Likes

I agree… Wonder if the text format is best though - HTML might be a bit more dynamic and allow for easier expansion (ie: click the node to redirect to a help document all the while allowing the text selection)… though I guess a PDFs could effectively do the same.

A PDF is going to be wildly more portable. Which is nice.

Good point!

Just my five cents again:

I just used this workflow:

1. Generate PNG with the OOTB Tool from Dynamo

2. Use Microsoft Print to PDF to create a PDF from the PNG

3. Use PDF-XChange Editor’s OCR to get the text available.

Worked pretty well:

3 Likes

I don’t know If there is a way to trigger the ootb tool via a python script, but with a python script you could create a pdf from the png via the microsoft “print to pdf” printer and afterwards use tesseract ocr in python too.

1 Like