Export to sat issue

Hi all

I am having a little trouble with this (small) definition I wrote. (Definition attached below. Sample project was too big to upload unfortunately).

What the definition does:

1. get all generic model elements from project
  2. take one of those elements
  3. export element to SAT

Now, where I am having trouble is that I included two ‘ways / methods’ to do this in the dyf. One is working and the other one isn’t.

METHOD A) Taking one profile at a time from all elements, and export. This method works. But I have to export around 90 SAT files so I tried exporting a list, which will be method B.

METHOD B) Taking all generic model elements. Selecting all the ones I need to export. Export all at once. This method is not working. And I dont understand why. I am getting a warning in the Element Geometry node saying: ‘Warning: Internal error, please report: Dereferencing a non-pointer.’. I dont get this.

Can someone maybe offer advice where the problem might come from?

Many thanks in advance!

SAT EXPORT.dyn (13.7 KB)

I fixed the above issue myself :slight_smile: only to replace it with another.

I was sending the worng list to the ‘Element Geometry’ node. I was sending the names of the elements, not the elements themselves.

But now I’m having another issue. Export to SAT operation failed. Probably has to do something with the geometry to export being 3 solids not 1. I tried to ‘Solid by Union’ but this failed too… probably because geometry is not overlapping. I really need a sample project to make this visble to u guys. Will work on that now. Stay tuned for more later.

I am sorry guys. Problem was a loose node on the file name input :smile: everything working fine now. Problem solved.