Export Shared Parameter Values Into Beam Reactions

Hi everyone,

I designed my structure in Tekla Structural Designer and imported the model into Revit. The process includes creating shared parameters for beam end forces. Until now, the steel connection was designed manually by inserting the moment, shear and axial forces (refer to the image below).

I wanted to automate inserting those values considering future projects will be bigger. I tried to extract shared parameter values as from this thread ‘Get shared parameter info out of Revit’ and worked flawlessly. However, I am clueless in inserting those values into the design forces cells. Please help me on this.

InkedCapture_LI Capture1

use element set parameter by name? i will only work if the values of the shared parameter is being exported together with the element, base on what i know. It should be under the parameters with the name Start in it.

Hi,

I have tried your suggestion and noticed that my input parameter does not corresponds to the specified parameter i wanted (axial, shear and moment). I attached revit project file and dynamo script for reference.

ExtractParameterValue.dyn (62.9 KB)
ParameterTest.rvt (2.3 MB)