Export or copy set filters with overrides

Hi i have a question because i can’t find nodes for this. Is it possible to copy (or exportation settings to excel?) filter overrides between different model like in the same model? Thank you in advance :smiley:

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m not sure if it’s possible to copy stuff between two models with just OOTB Dynamo nodes. If you use Python you can use the Revit API to access all open documents and could then theoretically copy between.

So far as exporting, I’d start looking around at the ExportCSV and ExportExcel nodes. The draw back is you’d have to store all the data as strings, and then convert it back into what it needs to be upon re-importing.

What would probably be easier than all of these, is to create a view template with all the filters and such you want, and then use Transfer Project Standards under the Manage tab to bring the template you just made into the other project.

1 Like

What would probably be easier than all of these, is to create a view template with all the filters and such you want, and then use Transfer Project Standards under the Manage tab to bring the template you just made into the other project.

Yes i understand but i want to avoide set the filtersoverrides (colours, lines etc.) in project. It takes a lot of time…

So far as exporting, I’d start looking around at the ExportCSV and ExportExcel nodes. The draw back is you’d have to store all the data as strings, and then convert it back into what it needs to be upon re-importing.

Exactly! I wrote about this in post “(or exportation settings to excel?)”. I will look for that!

Yes i understand but i want to avoide set the filtersoverrides (colours, lines etc.) in project. It takes a lot of time…

Maybe I’m misunderstanding, but the view templates will carry over the various line/pattern/transparency settings in each view template into the new project. In a similar vein, you could also set up a project template. Of course, this doesn’t solve the problem for any currently existing projects.

I tested it and transfer view template with filters between project. I lost all overrides… I want to transfer them from one project to another in template or by add them to new template (but automaticly no by my hands).

That’s odd, what version of Revit are you using? I just tested it again in 2019.2.6 and it worked just fine.

Ok sorry i tried again time and now it works… Thank you this is the option to transfer filters.

1 Like