Excel Data.ImportExcel operation Failed

I had the exact same issue and it was only fixed by reinstalling Office 365. Doing a repair did not work.

5 Likes

I had this issue just start today for me as well after working no problem yesterday. I also just installed Navisworks 2022 today. Also was only fixed by reinstalling Office 365.

Thanks for posting. This is hugely helpful to hear this–so, something’s up with Navisworks 2022 installation it seems?

2 Likes

FYI @Michael_Kirschner2 @solamour
It seems like this has been happening pretty consistently to several users.

4 Likes

Yep we are facing the same issue. We are having to reinstall Office 365 every time there’s a windows update.

I will write for others from the future. I had the same error but in my case i needed to uninstall office 2007 and invest in office 365

@RobFern please this note from MS:
Starting third-party add-in causes "Access Denied" error - Office | Microsoft Docs.

Can confirm. Had same issue after installing navisworks 2022 and had to use external package to read excel.

This is very annoying , this happens due to the conflict with 32bit or 64 bit version of excel installed on your system.

1 Like

Thanks for this! I just ran the online repair, fingers crossed it resolves the issue going forward.

I ran the online repair and it caused the issue to occur again, so I’ve had to reinstall office again.

I’d like to chime in as one more person that is experiencing this issue after installing some 22 products recently. Reinstalling office appears to have fixed the issue for the time being.

FWIW - I had to do the repair again after Windows Update last week.

I was having the same issue. Shockingly, the repair option for office fixed it. In my experience, it is not usually that easy. But I’ll take it!

This issue was fixed with online repair on my personal laptop,But on my work laptop I have this issue, I couldn’t fix it.

Still happening to me after windows updates. Need to reinstall office 365 every time to resolve…

Had the same issue happening for me in Revit 2020. Located the linked solution on Autodesk forum

Import Excel Solution

2 Likes

I had the same problem. The quick repair option cannot solve the issue. However, after reinstall Excel from https://www.office.com, Dynamo can Data.ImportExcel successfully.

1 Like

Just wanted to chime in real quick. I was experiencing the same issue with Revit 2020 - Dynamo 2.3 and an uninstall / reinstall of Microsoft applications resolved my issues. Thank you for the thread, I was going crazy trying to locate the issue.

Thanks!

1 Like

I had the same issue when I installed Navisworks Manage 2022. Reinstalling Microsoft Office 365 did the trick.