Error Group curves by distance

Group curves by distance take a huge time to group 1000 curve is there any fast way to group them

@eng.minamaged

group by key

the key is length…

KR

Andreas

I want to group curves that nearest to them not depend on its length
Such as group curves that distances between them are zero it group them

@eng.minamaged

hmmm

maybe like this ?

Could you see it
test .dwg (1.6 MB)

@eng.minamaged ,

sorry i can`t understand what you try or want to try in Revit with this .dwg…

do have any aproche in revit or dynamo ?

KR

Andreas

This linked in revit and I want to group curves by distance there is group curves node in archi labe net but it take unlimited time

Hi try the one from spring …probably faster, not sure but worth to try…i havent tried with your acadlink…but think something…

The same problem “time”

ok…is it that the dwg as Andreas image show ?? without open iit but looks like there are lot of small curves, probably explain the time…have your tried to modify it in the dwg…

Not small it is normal

I think @sovitek was pointing out that they look quite small in the picture - it’s likely zoomed out and there is no way to interpret the scale… What is it that you are using this for?

Allright now i had tried your cadlink…my first run was about 2,5 minute but stable…the run after just run as smooth…thats actuelly normal for me with about 12000 unsorted cadlines…

Revit_ms3r9C0M20

1 Like

The unsorted is the issue here. A better workflow would be to clean up the data in AutoCAD before doing any automation on it. Garbage in leads to garbage out and all that, though in this case the data isn’t really garbage it’s just harder to work with as it’s unorganized, resulting in longer run times.

1 Like

Sometimes revit close …For one one node it is more long time i have anthor 2 nodes take 5 minitus to trim/ join curves

It is only lines

Lines or not, it’s a LOT of unstructured data. Cleaning up the data in the original DWG before starting the automation is advisable of speed is what you’re after.

Could you make 250 rectangle clean and test group curves

That would work fine, and likely fast enough to not cause me any alarm. However it would be many orders of magnitude faster to read the rectangles directly out of the DWG and into a useful data set.

If you want to work with apples (rectangles in your DWG), why are you cutting them up and leashing them into a mushy apple square (importing into Dynamo as unstructured lines)?

The problem to me dwg the lines unconnected in recangular footing there is a missed lined dute to intersect with beams so I have to add missed lines and remove extra line to have the closed shape