Error familyinstance.byface

Hello everyone,
I’m trying to solve this little problem but I still can’t find a solution, I hope someone can help me with this.
I have created a project where I have different floor levels and I am trying to put elements such as lamps on its surface, however every time I run the sequence it throws me an error that I do not understand how to solve.
I tried to change the family but the result is still the same, I tried to use the “FamilyInstance.bypoint” node but it only works with families without a host, for this project I need to use face type families.

Captura de pantalla 2022-09-29 225711

did you try to flatt output of:

Hi, thank you for you answer
Even if I put the flatten node, it keeps returning an error

Hi @vcolonio_b ,

I don’t think the FamilyInstance.ByFace node accepts Dynamo Surfaces as Face input. I think you have to supply Revit Face(s). (I am not 100% sure about this though)

If that didn’t work, please see this:

The error-message in the node on your first post states that the Reference is from a different document. So:

• Are your floors from a linked or referenced model?
  • Can you place host-based families through Revit, without Dynamo, or does that also not work?

Also, if your floors aren’t from a linked model could you perhaps share a small sample Revit model together with your Dynamo script? It’s a lot easier to troubleshoot hands-on.

Thank you for your reply Daan.
I used clockwork node > “Element.FromDynamoSurface” but it keeps returning error.
I send you my files so you can view it.
regarding the questions

• my flats are from a linked model

• Yes I can place “host” based families through Revit

DWG Luminaires. Floor.dyn (54.7 KB)
LUMINARIA 4TO.dwg (2.2 MB)
Uploading: Test Model 2 (link 1).rvt…
Uploading: Test Model 1 to link.rvt…

Could you reupload your Revit files? The uploading wasn’t quite finished.

a mistake of mine
Test Model 2 (link 1).rvt (5.7 MB)
Test Model 1 to link.rvt (4.3 MB)

1 Like

I’ll take a look tomorrow or later this week. If you feel like I have forgotten to take a look please bump me.

Hello @vcolonio_b if the floor is on link then use Bimorph link element faces it should work something hre should work in you case on link