Empty list with element.intersectsolid

Good afternoon, I have a problem with the element.itntersectSolid node, I use this pipe as an example and a beam that I filter, it gives me an empty list, it has happened to me before when I tried to search for intersections between elements and rooms, and it worked for some solid and some not, i want to know if i’m doing something wrong

1 Like

@piero.mosaico ,

something in this direction…

KR

Andreas

1 Like

I understand that this would only be if the pipes intersected in the half, however i have long pipes without its center intersecting the beams

Can you show the rest of the node previews so we can see exactly what data you’re working with? Both inputs will be lists so it could just be a list structure issue.

1 Like

Of course, what I used to filter the beam by ID was selectlinkedelement, but I only used that as an example so that all the beams are not shown, without the filter and with the list of all the beams in the project, the empty list still appears

That should be fine but it might be because it’s a LinkElement which is a custom class. Try checking for intersections of geometry vs geometry instead.

1 Like

LinkElement uses the Revit Solid if its been transformed. Its essentially a wrapper around Revit API objects.

This problem might simply be due to unsupported element types which is a limitation in the Revit API. You can easily check this using either Element.IsSupported or using the IsSupported query node of the SolidIntersectionResult.

2 Likes

sorry for the delay of the response, when the node element.issupported, came out as true result, then i understand that there is no way to correct it? because when i place the linkelement.faces node, it appears in another position different from element.geometry