Elements In Room by Room Number

Hello All,

I’m trying to list elements in room by room number and I cant find an appropriate node. Is anyone aware of any other method of listing by room number?

Much appreciated in advance.

GroupByKey node should help.

What’s the ‘elements in room’ node you’re currently using not doing correctly?

Elements in the room is working correctly but it seems to require a room name input as opposed to room number. It works fine to list all elements in room by the name but I want to break it down to individual rooms.

Maybe I’m blind but it looks like your graph is already doing what you describe it needing to do.

The ‘Elements in Room’ needs a room element input, rather than a name or number - which is what you’re already giving it.

Do you want all rooms in the project rather than just the single room you’ve filtered with the String.Contains and BoolMask there? Instead of routing through the BoolMask node, just take your all rooms straight into the ‘Elements in Room node’. Depending on the formatting of your list inputs you may have to adjust the levels on the ‘Elements in Room’ node for it to interpret them correctly.

1 Like

I updated the snip above. I want to feed it a room number value as opposed to room name.
Take for example on a project I may have 8 Consult Exam Rooms and I would like filter the elements from one based on a room number.

Isn’t that what you were doing in the original snip you posted before the edit? Getting room number via the Room.Number node, checking if it matched number ‘R001’, and then filtering it?

Not entirely sure what you mean @SeanP . I’m able to list the room that I want but not able to list the contents of that room when filtering by room number. “Elements In Room” only seems to work with room names rather than room numbers.

Use the Room number after to filter the list of items with.

1 Like

thank you. this seems to do the job. I still need to test it on a few different rooms but for now its doing what I need it to do.