Elements are still bound after re-opening the .dyn

See title.

To get around Element binding i was under the impression you could get around that
by just re-opening the .dyn. Am i wrong here?
In my current project when i re-opening my .dyn some things get undone i did in the previous run.
Anyone else had this before?

See here: Element Binding in Revit

1 Like

Generally if you run it and save the bindings are stored post run. Feature is more of a bug imho to the unaware users (most).

Easiest way to get rid of them is to replace nodes which create elements, save, close and run via player. You can remove them from the dynamo script in a text editor too i think, but harder and has to done carefully - not an acceptable solution i think.

Yep, to do it automatically you can use a powershell and batch file to delete the bindings in all dyn. files with a double click on the batch-file:

3 Likes

And a quick Dynamo which does similar :slight_smile:

Hopefully we get a tick-box at some point…

Hope that’s useful,

Mark

2 Likes

Thanks a bunch for all the information and (possible) solutions! :heart:

I second that!

PS
@Mark.Ackerley
It is a bit hard to read what is in the String nodes.
I don’t mind recreating the graph, but can you post what i have to put in the String nodes. :innocent:

1 Like

No worries :slight_smile:

Bindings_Remover.dyn (21.3 KB)

2 Likes

@Mark.Ackerley @jacob.small

Just one last question;
Do i have to remove bindings after every run using Bindings_Remover.dyn.
Or are the bindings removed permanently for the .dyn i used it on?

EDIT
Do i have to remove bindings after every run using Bindings_Remover.dyn.
Pretty sure the answer is yes :wink: after trying myself
(which i should have done in the first place i guess :upside_down_face:).

Heya,

Having removed them, I would run the graph through player to avoid them being re-created…

Hope that helps,

Mark

1 Like

I also have a bulk binding remover which will strip all bindings from all files in a given directory among some common bulk updater tools that can be found here: Updating python node in multiple scripts - #15 by jacob.small

As Mark noted, once removed run the graphs via player, or don’t save before closing (how player works).

3 Likes