Element.SetParameterByName

Very simple task.
I’m getting a series of parameter from the Sheets and another series from Project Information. They are then being concatenated.

Last step is to write the concatenation to a parameter in the Sheets.

The initial list is 13 elements. The same list of Sheets is feed into Element.SetParameterByName but only 1 value is being written

Any idea why i don’t get the values for the entire list?

Thanks for the help

Hello Daniel Hurtubise,

Can I get your files or can you put image of your graph in the post?

Thanks,

Ritesh

File is slightly too big i’d say :slight_smile: but you can get the definition here https://www.dropbox.com/s/45s7x66t6i4s7m7/CSD_Concatonetion_081.dyn?dl=0

Thanks a lot for your help :slight_smile:

Change the lacing of the last node to Longest

20150721-1

Now i feel stupid ahahah

Thanks for the heads up

1 Like

Ok, at least i feel much better. This allows me to enter a value in ALL sheets but it enters the same values.

So i’m still not get the individual values assign to each sheets

daniel something like that?

http://dynamobim.com/forums/topic/create-an-unique-id/

Im gonna say Peter, in that line. Except that at the code block i don’t get a list but a single element.

daniel, as far as i understand andreas is showing exactly that. you have a list of elements (sheets) and “one” suffix to cobine them with - the list.map node

OK, lets see if i got this straight :slight_smile:
1 - Each value is passed through String from Object to be usable in the String.Concat right?

2 - I create a String.Concat with enough string to cover the needed number of parameters. I then assign “_” as the separator and i plug it in each of the string that will require it leaving empty the one where i would have a parameter?

3 - I then create a List.Combine with enough list to accommodate the number of parameters. The Comb is the String.Concat and the rest i plug in each list

That seems to work fine for me :slight_smile:

My last parameter is a project info, therefore it only repeat itself once. I can extract the parameter, pass it to a String from Object. I can also get a List.Count to know how many times it needs to repeat. Just need to know how do i create a list with enough value to pass to the list combine :slight_smile:

Thanks again for the help :slight_smile: