Element.GetParameterValueByName not Shwoing Parameter Value

Dear All,

Refer below image.
‘Element.GetParameterValueByName’ node output not giving expected element parameter value.

Thank you.

My guess: either multiple parameters with the same name, or an invalid parameter value is coming into the set parameter value by name node.

Resolve the initial warning state of the set parameter value by name node and see if that clears things up.

Hello @jacob.small,

Thank you for your response.
If I re-run the dynamo then values available.
Below image for your reference.

Would need to see the full graph and data coming into the node to help.

Hello @jacob.small

Please find attached dynamo graph & excel for your reference.
Add Cable Run, Name & Breaker Rating In Schematic_OCE.dyn (110.1 KB)
Import Schemtic Data From Excel To Revit Schematic.xlsx (9.4 KB)

I can’t open the file at the moment (day job and all)… What data is being provided into the Element.SetParameterValueByName node?

Hello @jacob.small,

Input value provide for ‘Element.SetParameterValueByName’ node is string.

I have attached here revit file as well for your reference.
Refer ‘Electrical Schematic’ drafting view.
I am trying to update all parameters value in schematic from excel with the help of dynamo.

Project 05.rvt (6.4 MB)

Thank you.

Not sure what you used for a selection, so no idea if this is entirely right, but from what I can see my original hypothesis of incorrect data types being fed in was correct.

Null data is not a string, it’s null data. I recommend you clean the data in the excel file to remove the null values which are created by reading in the blank cells, or look to replace the null values with a string before you progress. I fed in ‘whoops’ for all the empty cells and get what I believe to be the correct value here (although you may be getting incorrect values elsewhere.

Also, you may want to look into both dropping your heading and footing data which don’t have an element associated, as well as building a dictionary from the excel data, and pulling that via the element’s panel name to prevent the leading null values, as those can also cause issues.

Hello @jacob.small,

Thank you for your suggestion.

Now I have removed all null values from excel itself. But still not getting desired result.
If I re-run the script then l will get value in ‘Element.GetParameterValueByName’ node.

Expand the preview of the nodes heading into this node and use the export canvas as image feature so I can see what you have coming in.

Hello @jacob.small,

Please refer attached image for your reference.

You dont need get parameter of element, it same with string list

Hello @manhgt214,

I tried this but no luck.