Element.GetLocation operation failed

does anyone know how to resolve this error?

I’m trying to get the coordinate of a curtain panel and I don’t know how to resolve, maybe working on the family?

thanks all

What are the nodes returning? Are all instances failing or just a few? Is it a curve-based family? We need more information.

This is the return of the nodes all the instances gave “null” as results.
As you can see in the left part of the screen is a simple curtain wall that I’m using as sample for find the error, because my real model is very big and heavy to run, so I’m using to be more fast.
In the final model it will be a circle curtain wall

It works for me with the default types. Can you try a different family?

EDIT: You can also see if either of these methods works.

import clr
clr.AddReference('RevitNodes')
import Revit
clr.ImportExtensions(Revit.GeometryConversion)
clr.AddReference('RevitAPI')

mullions = UnwrapElement(IN[0])
points = []
curves = []
for mullion in mullions:
    point = mullion.Location.Point
    points.append(point.ToPoint())
    curve = mullion.LocationCurve
    curves.append(curve.Origin.ToPoint())

OUT = points, curves

Even use default type of glazed family same result

How can I use che part that you put in the edit?

That’s python. Just paste that into a python node with nothing else and pass it your list of mullions.

EDIT: I know see that you’re looking for the panel location, not the mullions. I misread your initial request. I don’t think panels have locations, they’re the result of the curtain wall being separated by the grid. They do have geometry though, so you may have to get the “location” by working with the geometry of each panel.

Curtain panels don’t have a location. Pull the geometry instead, or pull the curtain grids and find the intersection of adjoining grids.

Thank, I replace the panel with some family of generic model put in position with an array and now it workd