Element.Geometry giving error "COINCIDENT" becuase in my floor we have shaft opening, any workaround

Hi All,

when i trying to get geometry of floor it is giving me an error “Points are likely to Coincident”.
I know the problem, it is because we have shaft opening which cutting floor geometry when i remove shaft oepning it working perfectlly.
Same error with Element.Face
Any work around please let me know.

I need the floor geometry to intersect with fire collar and pile to create BWIC opening.

@jacob.small @christian.stan @sovitek really appreciate your help

Hi @Vinay instead of shaft opening did u try to edit that loop inside floor itself, could u see if it gives what u want. I mean editing the floor sketch with the area need to be removed instead of shaft.

Regards,
BM

1 Like

Hi @Vinay it should work…here itries with shaft opening…could you share a rvt sample file ?

2 Likes

Hi @bharat.minocha , it is a central model and shat is for lift core area, can’t modify it

nad the opening i am trying to create is on the floor for BWiC oenings.

Indeed remving lines which forms opening in slab itself under slab sketch worked well but I cant delete them and it is a high rise project o cant do the these line updates of all the floors

Hi Mr. @sovitek yep it was working in by other model too, but unfortunelty it is not working here and after removing the lines which is in the sketch, it is working well

and it is doing for all the levels , so might be floor geometry cut through shaft/line is too steep so it is Coincident to each other
never faced this issue earlier

sorry man it a central model, can not share outside sorry

Edit the opening so it doesn’t have coincident points with the shaft. The resulting geometry will be the same if you edit it right, and the void should cut correctly.

1 Like