Edit lot of family in a revit project?

Hi there,

I would like to change a parameter value inside a lot of family loaded in a project with a SCRIPT.

Anybody know how to run a script that goes inside all object in the project, change a parameter value and then reload it inside Revit Project ?

Thanks for your time

Unthink Edit Family 2
Unthink Edit Family

Donā€™t use the Parameter node as pictured, this has a different use within workflows.
Instead use the Element.SetParameterByName node :wink:

Though you are trying to change a Family parameter that is usually set within the Familiy Editing environment, so a slightly different workflow will be needed.

You may need to look into ā€˜background openā€™ workflows to open a bunch of Family documents, adjust the parameters, save, and reload into the Project environment.

Have a look here for a start :slight_smile:

Try the node called ā€œElement.SetParameterValueByNameā€

And that parameter looks like a boolean to me (true/ false) so feed it a boolean.

1 Like

@Eric_Dynamo check this one:

Hey, thanks for the tips, but when I try to do this with the value ā€œ0ā€ to uncheck the parameter Always vertical, it does change the value to ā€œ0ā€ in Dynamo but not inside Revit, the process of changing the value and reimport the object inside Revit is not processingā€¦

when I check doing getparametervaluebyname after setting the parameter, it seems alright but not in Revit.

Any idea ?

@Eric_Dynamo try with a Boolean node instead of 0/1 integers

Hi @Eric_Dynamo May be you should check out this. I had also the same issue but then I got the solution. You should check this out

If that is a type parameter then I think you need to go the long way. You can collect and export all those families to a directory and change values and re-import into project. This can be done in single graph.