Edit boundary floor

Hi guys,

i was wondering if its possible with dynamo or in combination with python to edit the boundary. in case of intersection with wall, and then create a boundary around it.

thanks

Hi @wihibyusuf,

Did you mean sth like this?

It would be very helpful if you upload your Revit and Dynamo file. It is not really clear which object you are intending to change its boundary.

exactly like that yes. thank you, i can send it also but how did you do this! awesome!

I used Solid.Difference Node to do this and then sent the geometry back to Dynamo using DirectShape.ByGeometry node. This will result in a solid geometry to do whatever you want with, select its edges or simply send it to Dynamo. I’m sorry I’m not near a pc to show you the script, but you should consider the following:

1. Which solid is being deducted from the other.
  2. How do you want to send the resulting solid to Dynamo. Directly as Directshape? Or as a floor or ceiling…etc… that depends on what you want.
  3. What to do with the old object? Delete it or keep it? Or maybe modify it in case it was a floor object for example.
1 Like

Awesome. Thank you very mutch. I was looking for this quit al while. If it is possible please share the grapgh of it. Im very thankfull. In the meantime i will try to create the graph from ur previous text.

Greeting

Hi, sorry for the unclear answer. I just realized that there is already a custom node that does exactly what you want and much better than my idea. I did not notice your heading at the beginning that your object is a floor. My mistake!

All you need to do is to find the footprint (perimeter) of your wall as a list of curves. The host is the floor element.

here is the code:EditBoundaryFloor.dyn (21.8 KB)

You need two packages:

1. Springs
  2. Landform

P.S. I do not think the way I got the footprint of the wall is very good but it works. Maybe there is a faster way. Try it yourself!

Good luck!

Thank u for ur effort, ill pick it up first thing tommorrow

@mohamed.m.matook thank you again. it works, i had to tweak al lil bit by adding ceveral walls en floors en setting the lacing to longest but you did the job. thank you

1 Like