DynaWorks Warning: OpenNavisFile.OpenFile operation failed. COM class factory error: 80040154 Class not registered

Hello All

I was wondering if anyone can help, or share their experiences.

I am getting the following error when trying to initialise Navisworks Manage 2017 through DynaWorks node.

"Warning: OpenNavisFile.OpenFile operation failed. Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {DCFC9E99-1E2A-5BF0-9113-DC98B93E56E3} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))."

I am using Windows 10 (just installed); Revit and Navis 2017; Dynamo version 2.0.1, and Dynaworks 18,
I have had this error on another win 10 machine, with the same software as above, but the problem rectified itself.
I did have to update windows .net framework 3.5 and 4, not sure if it is related.

I found the following discussion on COM registry, but being a novice I didn’t want to start messing around with registry files before I get some sound advice.

any help would be much appreciated.

The problem was the version of DynaWorks!

The version of DynaWorks has to be aligned to the version of Naviswork., I installed DynaWorks 17 and it fixed the issue.

Big Thankyou Adam Sheather for responding!