Dynamo -> Word. Paste text in position

Hello everybody)

I want to listen about next possibility :

paste some text from dynamo to definite word position? and some text will be exist already

word document^

I have done this before with an RTF file, but not with doc or docx files. Method involved using string.replace to overwrite given phrases like temperature goes here and field report number goes here

@quagliatol had some luck getting some functionality via the Word API. May want to check her thread out.

1 Like

im think its really what i search !

and what must be in input data from:

1 Like

ok. full doc and new doc name as string with extension.
@jacob.small Thank you !

1 Like

Don’t thank me, thank @quagliatol. I’m just the go between. :wink:

1 Like

When you don’t know where to go and someone shows you the right way it is a real help and should be grateful to this man

3 Likes

Hi @til.shviger how did you make this work? I am trying the Python node as well from this post (Replace Word text using Interop - #3 by quagliatol) but I keep getting an error and not sure how to solve it.
@quagliatol or @jacob.small any idea? It know this hasn’t been discussed in a few years so maybe some things have changed, so any help would be really appreciated :slight_smile:

It’s been quite awhile and this has a solution already, so can you please start a new topic link back to this, and provide a sample data set and graph?

1 Like