Dynamo upgrades in Revit 2021

I think I read somewhere that dyanmo in R21 will get updated automatically?

Is this true?

I notice Dynamo 2.7 is out - will this get automatically updated or do I have to manually install it?

Dynamo for revit updates are now packaged as part of the revit installer/updates since revit 2020.

Therefore you can only get dynamo in revit as part of these updates going forward, more information about this was posted with the release of dynamo 2.1 core.

2 Likes

So with Dynamo 2.7, will this get automatically updated or do I have to manually install it?

No you cannot update Dynamo Core and Dynamo Revit manually at the same time, this is because the sandbox version is a stand alone version and does not include anything revit related(eg Sandbox is Dynamo Core). You still need the revit side of dynamo to be able to update Dynamo Revit.

You can update just the core side of dynamo as a manual process though this is highly advisable not to do because it will not contain anything related to Revit and it has not possibly not gone through any revit test.

So I have to wait for Revit to upgrade the dynamo?

You used to be able to upgrade it manually.

Yes, this is the case with all Dynamo for Revit releases starting with Dynamo for Revit 2.1 and Revit 2020.

Anticipated timeline by when Dynamo 2.7 will be available for Revit?

I don’t have one, but since the last release of 2021 (2021.1) had 2.6, you can make some guesses.

I’d say the next release of 2021 (so 2021.2 if there is one) or the 2022 product launch would do the trick. However either could go further than Dynamo 2.7, skipping straight to 2.8 or 2.9.

Is it ready yet?
How about now?
Now? :yum:

2 Likes