Dynamo Union Solids

Hi all, I have a list of solid and I want to union them one by one, is there any simply way to achieve it using dynamo?

The node solid.byunion often occurs warning and return “unll” as a result, therefore, I want to do it separately.

The only method I can think of is shown is the diagram but it is not quite possible when there are large number of solids i have to union. Is there any “for loop” in dynamo whcih I can achieve the same?

Thank you very much.

Hi @Will

Use Solid.ByUnion

Hi Kulkul,

I have tried solid.byunion before. However, in some cases, warning occurs and the output is “Null” (See Diagram). I want to avoid this from happening. That’s why I intend to union them one by one.

Is there any ways to do it?

Could you drop relevant files here? If you unable to drop then drop it in one of the dropbox services and share the link here.

This might be too late, but I had a similar error with the same node (although my error said: “Solid.ByUnion operation failed. Unable union two Solids : INCONS_VERT_ATT – inconsistent information in vertex and coedge attributes”.

I solved it by converting the list of solids into PolySurfaces, then converting those PolySurfaces back into Solids before doing the solid by union node again. I can’t explain why this worked, but might be worth trying if you never resolved your initial question.

If someone else can explain why my solution worked, that would be appreciated. I notice that with some of the lists of solids, additional solids were added. I’m guessing that’s a clue about why this works, but I really don’t know.

3 Likes