Dynamo UI - Search, Number Format, Render Precision

Hi All,

I have a few questions on the Dynamo UI & Settings:

1. I saw this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o425Ol72uVU and when searching , nodes were displayed according to the category/package. is this possible in Dynamo 1.3.2

2. What does Number Format (under Settings) do? Example?

1. What does Render Precision (under Settings) do? Example?

Thanks

1. Looks like an older version of Dynamo (no lost @ level) and I recall that ‘feel’ from my early days using the software, but I rarely use this particular search method without filtering by package.

2. This is the number of decimals in your numbers. Try a code block containing {1/2,2/3} with a watch node and change the setting to gain some insight.

3. I think this is the level of accuracy of the geometry preview. Higher is more accurate but slower. I haven’t played with the setting enough to ever see any difference though.

Thanks.

I can’t see any change:

Does anyone know what Number Format & Render Precision are used for?
maybe @Racel @Zach_Kron @Michael_Kirschner2 ?

Hi @salvatoredragotta,
If I remember correctly Number format applies mainly to the number and slider inputs, but in codeblocks it is by-passed giving all the decimals as in your example (not with a laptop to prove it through).

Render precision as @jacob.small said seems to be related to adjust the ratio accuracy/performance for the Helix3D engine (3d preview).

Thanks! I tested and it just works for the number input:

Regarding the Render precision, are you aware of any recommendation, examples, etc on how to use it?

Looking into Dynamo’s code, the render precision is binded to the MaxTessellationDivisions property
of the RenderPackageFactoryViewModel class.

Dynamo GitHub - DynamoView.xaml
Dynamo GitHub - RenderPackageFactoryViewModel

I’ve never had to use it, but I assume it has bigger impact on heavily tessellated geometries.

@salvatoredragotta

1. Regarding the search feature, that is an older version as @jacob.small mentions. If you are trying to filter by a package, there is a button you can click to filter nodes by category:
  1. We did a bit of testing, it appears that Number Format may be broken. We are investigating.

2. Render Precision is the amount of tessellation applied to objects in background preview