Dynamo to Revit automatic offset

Hello,

I am generating a geometry in Revit using a Dynamo script and one of the issues I’m facing is the generation of an automatic z offset of -5/5". I can easily remove the offset by selecting all the elements. But I would like to know if there is a way to avoid having the offset since the get go.

Thank you,

Dynamo uses the internal Revit coordinate system. Your project could be using modified coordinates.

Does that mean it’s due to me selecting a level from the model as a reference for the z value? Thank you,

Could be. Depends on how Revit is reading coordinates for levels.

How can I check it? I am using the arch. model as a background so I didn’t exactly set any coordinate system.

What method are you using. To create geometry?

I am just using a combination of curves (some are nurbscurves) and lines for the geometry. I’m using StructuralFraming.BeamByCurve component to bring the geometry into Revit.
I am snapping onto some grid lines and levels in the model to use as reference.

Start the beam placement tool and check the Z offset - you’ll see it’s likely set to 5” or -5”.

Unfortunately this is a Revit issue that persists over the last time that value was set, accessed by API or by hand it uses the previous value.

Thank you very much for your help!