Dynamo Studio system requirements

Hi, I don´t know if this is the place to ask this, but I contacted support with the question and was not given an answer outside of “browse the system requirements page”.

I have to build a small form factor workstation (reasons). It´s going to be used almost exclusively for Dynamo Studio. Heat disipationm space available and power consumption are scarce resources (it´ll be used in a very hot, dry enviroment),

I would like to know a concrete answer to the question: what will benefit performance in Dynamo Studio the most?

- Higher per core performance
- Higher number of cores
- Stronger GPU performance

And please don´t answer with “a combination/balance of the three”.

Thank you all very much for your help. and I hope the tone doesn´t come wrong. It´s just I don´t want a discussion, just concrete answers :slight_smile:

Well it isn’t a combination of the three. Last I checked Dynamo didn’t really allow for parallel processing so number of cores won’t help much.

What primarily will you be doing with the scripts? Form generation? Data processing/manipulation?

Also will you be building the scriptsthere or elsewhere? Does the system have stable internet? If so could you run them via web access and the send to web feature of studio? If so a chrome book would nearly be powerful enough.

Thank you, Jacob

So an Intel CPU with a stronger IPC over an AMD multicore monster it is.

It would be used for both, but more Data processing and manipulation.

And theres no stable internet connection, that´s one of the big problems. That and that the workstation needs to be somewhat portable.

Thanks for answering; unless anyone has any more info on the subject, I´ll call this [solved]

No stable internet. Hot dry environment. Minimal space… guessing it’s fairly remote as well due to the lack of internet. :thinking:

Now I’m really curious to know what you’re up to (and likely jealous as well).

In my experience Intel has less issues with heat so I would go there. Take that with a grain of salt though as I haven’t been a hardware nerd since my days as Best Buy computer salesmen.

I am considering buying a used Mac-Mini in the next two or three weeks to turn into a windows box. If I go for it I will install Dynamo Sandbox and let you know how it runs.