Dynamo studio 2.0 (2019?)

I may be missing it somewhere but where is dynamo studio based on 2.0?

DynamoSandbox is located in C:\Program Files\Dynamo\Dynamo Core\2. Is that what you’re asking?
Or are you asking if Dynamo Studio will be upgraded to 2.0?

Is Dynamo studio going to be upgraded to 2.0 soon

I’m not sure. What features do you need to update for? Feel free to PM me if you’d rather discuss there.

dynamo studio runs on core 1.3 will it ever be updated to run on core 2.0

What features do you need to update for?

@JacobSmall i don’t understand your response. Dynamo has updated its core library from 1.3 to 2.0 and now 2.1. there were significant api changes which means that new add-ins built on the 2.0 core will not run on 1.3 core. i have built many add-ins that i have updated to the 2.0 core and do not require revit. the sandbox exe that comes in the 2.0 core library works ok but crashes often compared to dynamo studio.

Sorry I’ll try to be more clear - not knocking you or trying to be inflammatory.

Which aspects of Dynamo Studio do you need that the current 2.X versions of stand-alone version of Dynamo (sandbox) doesn’t provide?

Sandbox is ok it just does not seam to be as stable as studio. It crashes a lot more . Also it looks more like a developer tool and Lee’s something you would have non developer use. Its clear that sandbox came back bc. Studio is probably eol. I guess I will just deal with it

I was going to ask the same question. Sometimes it’s better to compare different scripts or watch one while writing another in Revit. So I both use Studio and Revit version. Now Revit version is 2.0.2 but Studio is still 1.3.
Will there be an update to Studio?

You can open Dynamo Sandbox for that feature without issue. Plus it’s free whereas studio has a cost.

From what we have seen, Sandbox in 2.x is more stable than Studio in 1.x. If you have a specific graph that crashes often in Sandbox 2.x but not in Studio let us know in a new thread and we can try to find out why.

Yes I discovered that recently. Thanks for your reply :slight_smile:
I had Studio with my student account for a limited time, so payed no cost. But as you said Sandbox is the solution for me and looks like I can use it longer.