Dynamo Processing

Is there a way to see what dynamo is processing while its running a script? Like all the points its figuring out or a log of what its done? Hope this makes sense

Like some kind of “status-bar” / “log”? I, unfortunately, do not believe this is an option.

A “workaround” would be to put in some python scripts in bottlenecks and write data to e.g. a .csv and you will know what passes this bottleneck and when. :slight_smile:

I haven’t tried this myself, but saw it a while ago and might be what you are looking for depending on your graph.

1 Like

Similar to one of the solutions suggested I use Python nodes. But if you don’t want to open your csv file to check progress every time you could import winsound library instead and use it after your task/group of tasks. Once a task is done a sound will be played so you can make sure the script is running and isn’t frozen. You could use different frequencies for different tasks. Here is a snippet:

import winsound
winsound.Beep(450, 125)

You could even use it in a for loop to check progress like this:

import winsound
list = IN[0]

for i in list:
	# do some tasks here
	winsound.Beep(list.index(i)+450, 125)

The idea is that the sound goes to a higher pitch after each step so you know the task is progressing.

8 Likes