Dynamo Player restores older version of the scirpt? (on personal OneDrive)

Okay guys, this is terrible.

I was saving, closing and running a script, for several hours (debugging it, you need to close it or you will get memory leaks and double results, or maybe the script does not run at all, so you better close and reopen).

Once basically done, I decided to test the Dynamo player.

I closed Dynamo, and I run the script from the Player (already pointing at the correct folder on my OneDrive).

The script did not work.

I then re-opened it, from the player, and it was a 10 hours old version, basically the very beginning of my work. I closed it without saving, and went into Dynamo, reopen it and same, old script.

Gone.

I tried file history in Onedrive, but this is the first version available, 10 hours old.

How is this even possible?

Does Player cache the scripts and if you don’t refresh it will run/open the old one and override the new versions??

How do I recover my done script?

Does dynamo have a temp folder with temp files where I can scavenge for my work?

What about Windows Temp?

Is this happening to anyone else?

thank you

Player doesn’t cache versions of a graph. OneDrive does do some odd stuff if you’re in a shared space though. Check the Dynamo logs to see what the paths are. You may also want to check the backup folder - something may be in there too.

Thank you Jacob.
Where are the logs?
And where is the backup folder for dynamo?
I was looking for that…

Regards

I found the backup folder, but the script is the old one there as well.
Any other idea?

thank you

Dynamo saves every file first into the backup folder before running it, so if your backup file contains the one only from that morning i’m afraid your work is lost.

So, the player has run the obsolete version of the file, saving it to the backup folder…
I still cannot understand how this can happen.

thank you

No. Player runs the file you are pointing at in it’s current state.

Logs are adjacent to the backup files - best to copy all those files from the day into an archive, then into a working drive. Then search each for .dyn to get a list of all paths to see where things were being saved.